AlexaNas

Mitglied
Punkte Reaktionen
Kickertisch
Ullrich Basic, Leonhart Tournament, Garlando G2000
Status
ambitionierter Hobbyspieler
Hi,

I have Ullrich Basic which looks in good condition. This is modern table (looks like the newest one, but don't know how old is it because I'm third owner). After moving table to destination, cleaning bearing and rods and assembling everything together, I hear scrapping on all rods when moving them. I was tring WD40, Pronto Classic, but none of them gives desired effect. What should I do to get rids of that sound. Is it time to change bearing to something from Leonhart or maybe change bearing to removable on the sides of handlers.
Any advice?

E

eumelzock

dont do WD40 ! its not a lubricant, despite the urban myth ! WD stands for water displacement. Pronto/Pledge has to "cure" on the rods and bearings for a certain amount of time to be in full effect. If you clean the bearings you will certainly have to wait until the paraffines get stuck to the rods and bearings. also when playing in a silent room, you will hear certain sounds you wouldnt notice while haveing normal background noises, so dont get too caught up with that as long as the rods move smoothly.

AlexaNas

Mitglied
Punkte Reaktionen
Kickertisch
Status
Ok. Make sens, especially the part with waiting for Pronto to dry out to establish slick layer.

E

eumelzock

i had best results applying Pronto in small doses to each rod and slowly turning the rod back and forth/sideways, letting it rest for 1-2h (cureing) and then do some Trainingshots from each rod (polishing) ... after some minutes they will have a super nice smooth flow to them. do not do the fast spinning moves everyone in the bars&clubs is doing, that can result in Pronto being delivered onto the whole playfield especially if a lot of the stuff was used, which itself is a huge waste. (why do ppl think "a lot" helps "a lot" ... while its not !?!) .

AlexaNas

Mitglied
Punkte Reaktionen
Kickertisch
Status
It worked somehow. It took about 2 hours until I noticed change in characteristic of movement/noise emission. I wonder how PTFE lube would help when applied directly on bearing. I've bought one to my bicycle chain.
Once I order removable bearing, such experiments will be easier since I can clean previously used substances.

E

eumelzock

order only 8 bearings, you can keep the ones on the opposite sides of the grip as static bearings.
idk about those bike chain lubricants. from what ive seen there are quite some differences in performance, maybe i will try "squirt" for a test.
also i think it will work best if its applied to the rod rather than the bearing, its that small film of paraffinis in Pronto/Pledge applied to the rod that makes it glide nicely rather than the wax being applied solely to the bearing. you can feel that if you cover only certain parts of the rod in Pronto and let it cure ...you will feel more friction on the untreated parts of that rod. also the whole "spinning" procedure would be sensless if you only needed to apply the lube to the bearing ...

Oben