Please help: Fireball figures on Ullrich Home

Nevix

Neues Mitglied
Punkte Reaktionen
Hi, everyone, this is my first post and I hope that it's OK that it's in English, because I am not from Germany and I do not speak German well. But before I write anything, I would just like to say that I am not just lazily trying to get an answer from you without doing any research, I tried Google Translate and read any topics that I might find an answer in.

So, I own an Ullrich Home with upgrades (rods, counterweight figures, wechsellager), but would also like to practice and play more of a tic-tac (American) style of play. However, since I do not have room for two tables (and I would like to keep my Ullrich), I got an idea that I could just buy Fireball rods (2,5 and 3), figures, handles and bumpers and I would practically have two tables in one. :-D I would buy Tornado parts, but they are much more expensive and their figures are much shorter than Ullrich or Fireball.

What I was wondering, and I am hoping you could help me, - is that a good idea? Will Fireball figures fit well in an Ullrich (is the length from the playfield to the rod the same on Fireball as it is on Ullrich)? That's my only concern, I don't want to buy figures and rods only to discover that they just don't play well because the distance between the playfield and the rods are not the same on Ullrich and Fireball.

Has anyone ever done what I'm thinking of doing (put Fireball rods and players on an Ullrich)? In this thread ( http://forum.tischfussball-online.com/topic9559.html ), e.t.chen says he had done something similar, but it hasn't worked for him (if I understood correctly), I think he says that that distance (that I mentioned above) was bigger on Ullrich than on Fireball.
Did I understand that correctly? What is the difference in play and does it matter that much?

I really appreciate all answers and suggestions and would like to thank everyone in advance. :)

E

eumelzock

Hi Nevix,
yes it matters that much ...
player foot tip and playfield need to be in a parallel line, as shown in this picture:
fireball_01.jpg

You can reach that by shortening the distance between rod and playfield (4mm) or use a ball that is 4mm thicker than usual.
In other words: do not try , you wont be fully satisfied with the result.

Nevix

Neues Mitglied
Punkte Reaktionen
Ok, thank you so much for saving me time and money. :)

Just one more question - would the new Leo TicTac Bang figures be a better option for my table? I've read a lot of opposing opinions on those figures, so I would like to know if they are any good for practicing that tic-tac (Tornado/Fireball) style of play and if they would fit on my table.

E

eumelzock

would´t waste that money either ...
if you want a fireball/tornado feeling, you have to buy the real thing ...

Nevix

Neues Mitglied
Punkte Reaktionen
Not what I wanted to hear but OK, I expected it. :-D
Thanks for the answers, I appreciate it.

I wouldn't like to come off as boring and stubborn, but my last attempt at having a "two-styles-in-one table" would be to sell my Ullrich and buy the Leo ttb tournament table with additional regular Leo soccer figures at least for one side of the table (so I can practice tic-tic style on one side and European soccer style on the other (since I mostly practice alone)).

Is Leo ttb table any good (I would buy Tornado balls) and would you recommend buying it? Unfortunately, I don't have anywhere to try it (as I didn't have when I bought the Ullrich, but have been very satisfied with it) and I couldn't find videos demonstrating that table.

Would you recommend doing that? What's your opinion on that table?

P.S. If that's not something that you recommend or if you don't think that the style of play would be similar to a Tornado, then I will reconsider just selling my Ullrich and buying a used T-2000. But my heart would be kinda broken. :-D

e.t.chen

Teammitglied
Punkte Reaktionen
Kickertisch
Eigenbau
Status
Kickerbau-Freak
Hey Nevix,

This is a really difficult issue.
The idea to sell the ullrich, buy a tictacbang and make one side to a soccertable is in my eyes more risky, than to put the tictacbang figures on one side of your ullrich table.

I have an Ullrich Sport and have a set of rods with tictacbang figures. I have tested and compared them and I don't feel a great difference in the tictac-playing. I think the tictacbang figures have at the point, where they hit the ball, not much more area, than the normal evo soccer figure from leonhart. I have taken two pictures so you can take a look:
bang.jpg
evo.jpg

What is working really better with them is to catch the balls.
While testing the tictac playing with this figures I also have the feeling, that the combination of the softer material of the leonhart figures, the fixing with screws and the high weight of figures and ball does not let a fast tictac happen. While on fireball the ball jumps from player to player, on the tictacbang you have to act permanently to keep the ball in motion. But that is just my feeling on this.

As far as I know, the TicTacBang Table has still not enforced on the german market so I assume, that this development will fade away the next years.

I hope I havent confused you more, than you are yet (y)

Nevix

Neues Mitglied
Punkte Reaktionen
Hey, e.t.chen,

Thank you so much for your answer. :)

You didn't confuse me, on the contrary, your remarks about the ttb figures (soft material, screw-fixing (rather than roll pins) and not much difference in area where the ball is being hit (in comparison with regular soccer figures)) were the exact same concerns I had about the table after Google translating several topics on this forum. So you helped me quite a lot.

So the conclusion is: you can't sit on two chairs with only one butt after all and it looks like I'm going to have to do what I hate most - being a man and make a responsible decision and live with it. :-D

Thank you both for your help once again. If you come to the P4P tournament in Wien in August, I'm paying for the beers. (y)

Oben